A list of recent literary award winners available at the library:
- Man Booker Prize– is awarded every two years to a living author who has published a work of fiction in the English language. The winner is Hilary Mantel’s Bring Up the Bodies.
- Independent Publisher Book Awards (the “IPPYs”) are are intended to bring increased recognition to the thousands of exemplary independent, university, and self-published titles published each year. The 2012 winner for literary fiction was Jaimy Gordon’s Lord of Misrule.
- Hugo Award – is the most prestigious award for science fiction. The 2012 award went to Among Others by Jo Walton.
- National Book Award -the 2012 American literary prize for fiction goes to The Round House by Louise Erdrich. The non-fiction 2012 award winner is Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.
- PEN /Faulkner Award-is a national prize which honors the best published works of fiction by American citizens in a calendar year. This year’s winning title is The Buddha in the The Attic.
- Pulitzer Prize — wasn’t awarded in fiction this year. The 2012 Non-Fiction winner is The Swerve: How the World Became Modern by Stephen Greenblatt.